Editor's comment: ummmmm... pepperoni....
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts||20 slices pepperoni sausage|
|8 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage||4 slices mozzarella cheese|
|1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce||1 pinch garlic powder|
|salt and pepper to taste||1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian style seasoning.
3. Place 4 to 5 slices pepperoni on each breast and top each with a slice of cheese. Roll up breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
4. Dice 1/2 stick pepperoni and saute in a medium skillet until it has released most of its oil. Remove pepperoni from skillet and set aside.
5. Brown chicken rolls in pepperoni oil about 5 to 10 minutes each side.
6. Place chicken in a baking dish. Combine spaghetti sauce and rest of pepperoni and pour over chicken. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
For the cheese fanatics among us, I cover the top with shredded mozzarella as soon as it comes out of the oven.
As always, if you have a recipe you want to share, Email me!