The Super-Secret Recipe File: Jo's Thai-Style Peanut Noodles
In Jo's words -- "Super-yummy!"
|1/2 cup Peanut sauce
||1/3 cup skim milk|
|1 tsp fresh grated ginger
||1/2 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp ground black pepper
||1/2 pound somen or cappelini|
|1/4 cup sliced green onions|
1. Cook noodles. Drain, set aside to cool.
2. Put peanut sauce, milk, ginger, salt, and pepper into a blender and mix at high speed for about 20 seconds.
3. Toss noodles with sauce. Garnish with onions, and serve.
Cooking Notes from Jo:
Clara's Helpful Tip O' The Day: Throw the ginger root in the freezer! It's a helluva lot easier to grate, and keeps forever.... I think you could also throw in some ground peanuts for protein; they'd add a bit of texture, as well.
- ginger is really hard to grate. I ended up chopping it into small bits and let the blender smush it up further.
- I served this dish with some cold shredded chicken breast for more protein.
- I made a double recipe and kept it in a squeeze-able plastic container in the fridge. The sauce keeps well - just shake it up before you use it. It made for quick lunches for a few days.
- I made the dish individual in different bowls instead of using all the sauce on all the noodles.
As always, if you have a recipe you want to share, Email me!