I found this in a magazine. Gourmet or Epicurean. This is definitely the best cranberry sauce. I use a heaping teaspoon of cardamom. Yum.
|1 3/4 C canned apricot nectar||1/2 C sugar|
|1/2 C apricot preserves||1/3 C fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 C honey||1 6 oz. package dried apricots, quartered|
|1 12 oz. bag cranberries||1 1/2 TSP. grated lemon peel|
|1/2 TSP ground cardamom|
1. Bring first five ingredients to a boil with cardamom in large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Add apricots. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Add cranberries. Cook until they pop (9 minutes), stirring occasionally. Transfer to bowl. Mix in lemon peel.
5. Chill overnight, covered.
As always, if you have a recipe you want to share, Email me!